Tropical Smoothie Café’s Peanut Paradise smoothie is a delicious smoothie that puts an emphasis on flavor and nutrition. Full of natural ingredients, this nutritious drink will give your body the fuel it needs to get through the day while making sure your taste buds are satisfied at the same time!
This beverage is great paired with a meal or on its own as a fit breakfast, midday snack, or healthy dessert. Follow along with this easy copycat recipe and enjoy this delicious drink today!
Since you here, check out these other tasty smoothie recipes like Almond Mocha Smoothie King Recipe, Topical Smoothie Cafe peanut butter cup smoothie recipe, Banana Boat Smoothie King Recipe, and Tropical Smoothie Cafe Island Green!
This is the Best Tropical Smoothie Café Peanut Paradise recipe
This easy recipe is just a few simple steps and a couple of ingredients. With very low difficulty and no prior experience required, it is an excellent choice for any home chef to make.
Why should you make this recipe?
We know that going out and grabbing a smoothie from the store can be a treat, a quick fix to brighten your day, or an easy way to get a meal or sustenance. But here's our argument for why you should make it at home instead. Making this recipe at home will save you time, and money, and be cleaner and more sanitary, just to name a few reasons.
- Time: Instead of leaving the house early in the morning before work, you can prep this at home the night before to have it almost for the next day. Instead of stopping by to grab it after a workout, make it before you leave to have it ready when you get home. Plus you will skip those rush hour lines 100% of the time by making it at home!
- Money: small and easy purchases like smoothies or coffees can quickly add up to larger unexpected purchase amounts. While for the price of just one smoothie, you could have multiple servings and save a bunch of money in the long run.
- Customizations: one of the problems with getting a smoothie from outside is the big upcharges that are associated with any extra ingredients you want added in. By getting your favorite additional ingredients in bulk and making this at home, you avoid even more of the hassle and extra money spent on something that you could easily do yourself.
What is a Tropical Smoothie Cafe Peanut Paradise?
The delicious peanut paradise from Tropical Smoothie features a banana peanut butter smoothie made with non-fat yogurt, turbinado sugar, and your choice of protein powder. While this is just the base, there are plenty of ways to customize it to make it unique just for you.
What do I need for this Peanut Paradise Tropical Smoothie recipe?
- High-speed blender: you'll want to use a good and strong blender to make sure your texture comes out smooth and creamy.
- Banana: sweet bananas give this smoothie its distinct tropical flavor. We recommend that you use frozen bananas, but you can just use ice cubes with regular bananas if you don't have time to pre-freeze them. If you are going to use ice cubes, be sure to enjoy this beverage immediately or within a short period of time after blending before the ice melts and waters down the flavors of your drink.
- Creamy peanut butter or crunchy, as per your preference. I love using Justin's honey peanut butter when making this because it adds a subtle hint of honey and just has a delicious peanut flavor
- Milk: any type of milk will work fine.
- Greek yogurt: this ingredient provides a tanginess that balances out the fattiness of the peanut butter perfectly. Plus that extra protein content is always welcome in my house!
- Honey: we know things get boring sometimes, so this is our fun customization to help make this smoothie just a little more delicious! Tropical Smoothie Cafe uses turbinado sugar, but we suggest you play with this part as much as you'd like and switch up the flavors by adding maple syrup or any of your favorite sweeteners!
- Vanilla protein powder: although unflavored whey protein powder does exist, most people will buy it already flavored. We use vanilla flavor to not sway too far from the original. Just know that if you are going to use a different flavored protein powder it will alter the flavor of your smoothie.
- Ice cubes: optional, for a colder and thicker smoothie
- Chopped peanuts or chocolate chips for an extra textural sensation!
How do I make a Tropical Smoothie Peanut Paradise?
- Place your ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds to 1 minute. You might want to start with short bursts at first to keep the frozen ingredients from clumping up.
- Serve in a tall glass, top with your toppings, and enjoy!
What are the Benefits of this Smoothie?
This smoothie is packed full of essential nutrients and is a healthy choice for any time of day.
- High potassium - Bananas are naturally a great source of potassium. That in turn is great for keeping our cells hydrated, helping muscle performance, and regulating blood pressure. It is also exceptionally high in dietary fiber which helps with proper digestion.
- Healthy fats- Nut butter is amongst some of the best sources of healthy fats (given that you chose the right ones). These unsaturated fats or great for reducing the risk of heart disease, improving blood cholesterol, and helping control blood sugar.
- High protein content- Greek yogurt, like many dairy milk products is packed with protein, calcium, and vitamin D. These nutrients help with muscle and bone density keeping your body feeling strong. This smoothie is also reinforces with protein powder to really get that protein content up.
- Probiotics for a healthy gut- Using Greek yogurt will also help you get in more probiotics for a healthier gut which will also lead to a stronger immune system and better nutrient absorption.
- Weight control abilities- Due to the high protein and fiber in this smoothie, you might notice that you are getting full quickly and staying full for longer periods of time.
How can I make this a Skinny/Light Peanut Butter Paradise Smoothie?
There are a few modifications you can make to help reduce some of the carbs and calories to make this smoothie more beneficial for weight loss.
- Add less sweetener - I know we don't want to get rid of the sweetness of this smoothie completely, but using a little less honey in this drink will help lower those calories as well as overall added sugars. If you want to take a step further you can also use half the banana amount. One medium-sized ripe banana has about 110 calories, 28g net carbs, and 15 grams of sugar (naturally occurring but still high).
- Use lower-fat ingredients- Using high-fat ingredients will increase the calorie content of your smoothie but some say tweaks will fix that for you. This uses reduced-fat Greek yogurt, reduced-fat peanut butter, or even powdered peanut butter instead to lower the calorie count of this beverage.
What are other Customizations I can make?
At Tropical Smoothie Cafe, there are a plethora of add-ins that you can include and there's no reason why you can't do that at home as well. Here are some of our favorites that we recommend.
Add fresh fruit
Any fruit besides citrus will most likely go really well with the flavors already present. Apples, pears, peaches, and any kind of berries are just a handful of examples you could use.
Change the milk or Remove the dairy to make it Vegan
Using soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, and oat milk are all great substitutes for dairy milk. To substitute for the texture of yogurt, it is recommended to use silken tofu or store-bought vegan yogurt made by a vegan brand.
Change the nut butter
Some people prefer the flavor and different benefits of almond butter over peanut butter. You can also opt for cashew butter, or even pistachio butter for a luxurious smoothie! Just know it won't be a peanut paradise smoothie when you change the main peanut ingredient of this recipe but we think it's always fun to play around and see what you really like.
Add other mix-ins
you can go healthy by adding some extra mix-ins to increase the nutritional value of your drink and turn into a filling snack or breakfast option. Some of my faovirtes would be:
- Chia seeds or flax seeds- These two are great to add into your smoothies to increase the fiber content as well as those healthy Omega 3s.
- Chocolate spread
- Cocoa powder
- Cocoa nibs
- Vanilla extract
- Spinach or kale
- Ice cream
How to Store this Delicious Smoothie
If you have leftover smoothie, pour it into an airtight container and store in fridge. You want to make sure the lid is airtight to avoid loss of moisture.
Alternatively, you can also pour the leftover smoothie into an ice cube tray and store it in the freeze. You can later blend it in a high speed blender with a little extra liquid.
What are the nutrition facts of a Peanut Paradise bought from Tropical Smoothie?
When purchased from Tropical Smoothie Cafe, the Peanut Paradise smoothie contains 710-750 calories depending on your choice of protein supplement, 17g of total fat, 105g of carbs, 14g of fiber, 79g of sugar, and 33g of protein.
The protein to fat ratio being 2:1 shows this smoothie has potential to be great for hitting macronutrient goals in a healthy way. And if you want to lower the sugar or carbs, you have the ability to which is why this is so great to make at home!
Tropical Smoothie Peanut Paradise Recipe
Peanut Paradise Tropical Smoothie Cafe smoothie recipe
- 1 banana Frozen, sliced, overripe preferably
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter Creamy or crunchy, as per your preference
- 2/3 cup milk Milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt For added creaminess and protein
- 1 tablespoon honey Adjust to taste
- 3 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- Ice cubes optional, for a colder and thicker smoothie
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts optional, for topping
- To a blender, add the sliced frozen banana, peanut butter, greek yogurt, milk, honey, and vanilla protein powder.1 banana, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 2/3 cup milk, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 3 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- Taste and adjust for taste or texture.Ice cubes
- Serve in a tall glass, top with chopped peanuts, and enjoy!1 tablespoon chopped peanuts