Tropical Smoothie Cafe Island Green Smoothie is a copycat recipe that only requires a few ingredients and a blender. This recipe is packed full of tropical flavors and takes less than five minutes to make.
This Island Green smoothie recipe is a great way to enjoy tropical fruits and cool off on a hot summer day. This recipe is packed full of frozen fruit, leafy greens, and coconut water.
This homemade copycat recipe is an easy way to get in a daily serving of fruits and vegetables. This is one of the healthiest smoothies at Tropical Smoothie!
Why You'll Love This Green Smoothie Recipe
Quick: This recipe will take less than five minutes to make. It is perfect for a quick weekday breakfast or an on-the-go snack. To cut even more time, bag your fruit in individual freezer-safe bags so you can easily grab your ingredients without having to measure.
Healthy: This Island Green smoothie is packed full of fruits and vegetables. There are no added sugars or artificial ingredients. It is one of the top nutritious smoothies at Tropical Smoothie.
Fresh: This smoothie consists of tropical-flavored fruits and coconut water, which make for a nice and refreshing drink. This is a great smoothie for when you're outside on a hot day.
What are some variations of this smoothie?
Make it a meal. You can add your own protein powder to make this smoothie a nutritious meal. Or add plant-based protein powder to keep this smoothie vegan. You can also use chia seeds or collagen powder to keep you full longer.
Make it sweeter. If you want something a little sweeter, feel free to add a dash of honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar.
Make it a smoothie bowl. This smoothie can be a great base for a smoothie bowl. Use less coconut water than the recipe calls for, this will make it much more thick. Then top with a variety of fruits, coconut flakes, and chia seeds.
What do I need to make my Tropical Smoothie Cafe Island Green Smoothie?
- Coconut Water: Coconut water is used to blend all of the natural ingredients together. I like to use coconut milk because it gives the smoothie that "island" flavor. You can also use plant-based milk like oat milk, almond milk, or cashew milk.
- Banana: You will need a frozen ripe banana, preferably one that was ripe when frozen. Frozen bananas will keep your smoothie creamy and add sweetness.
- Pineapple: Frozen pineapple allows your smoothie to stay creamy and keeps it thick and cold. Pineapple also adds acidity to your smoothie.
- Mango: Mango is the main component in this smoothie that makes it super sweet without adding all the extra sugar.
- Spinach: I like to use fresh baby spinach in my smoothies rather than frozen because frozen spinach can change the texture of your smoothie. Spinach also gives your smoothie a green color.
- Kale: Fresh kale has a bitter flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the fruits. It also helps with the green smoothie color.
How do I make my green smoothie?
There is only one simple instruction on how to make this smoothie, place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Then pour into your favorite cup and you're done!
Can I make this Tropical Smoothie Cafe Island Green smoothie ahead of time?
I don't recommend making this smoothie in advance but you can certainly get the ingredients together to make for a quick meal. You can place your frozen smoothie ingredients together in an airtight container and then add your greens and coconut water when you're ready to make it.
Are Island Green Smoothies Healthy?
Yes! The recipe consists of only fruits, vegetables, and coconut water, so it isn't full of added refined sugars. It is also packed full of essential nutrients.
Can I use fresh fruit instead of frozen fruit?
I like to use frozen fruit in this recipe because it keeps this smoothie a thick and creamy consistency. If you're only able to use fresh fruit, try adding in ice cubes for a thicker texture. I would also change the coconut water to coconut milk.
Is there a lot of added sugar in this island green smoothie recipe?
No, there is no added refined sugar in this recipe. It is 100% naturally sweetened. If you want this smoothie a little sweeter, feel free to add a little bit of honey or maple syrup.
How do I store the leftover smoothie?
I highly recommend drinking your smoothie as soon as it is made, but you can keep it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. After that, the flavors and texture may change. I don't recommend freezing this smoothie recipe.
Tropical smoothie cafe island green recipe
Tropical smoothie cafe island green recipe
- 1/2 cup coconut water or nondairy milks like oat milk, almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk, coconut milk
- 1 banana frozen
- 1/2 cup pineapple frozen
- 1/2 cup mango frozen
- 1/2 cup spinach fresh
- 1/2 cup kale fresh
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.1/2 cup coconut water, 1 banana, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup mango, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 cup kale
- Serve in a glass and enjoy!