This Chick-fil-a frosted coffee recipe is a go-to for coffee lovers who also love a creamy milkshake. It's hard to resist the combination of flavors and textures of this delicious drink, and it's so good that you'll be planning your next one as soon as you finish your first one. Follow along with this easy recipe to find out how to make this amazing coffee drink!
Since you are here and probably love copycat recipes that include a coffee fix, check out this Chick-fil-A Mocha Cold Brew Coffee Recipe, this McDonald's Iced Caramel Mocha Recipe, or this Dutch Bros Annihilator Recipe.
What is the Chick-Fil-A Frosted Coffee?
The frosted coffee from Chick-fil-A is essentially a vanilla ice cream and cold-brewed coffee milkshake. The coffee flavor mixes so well with their signature Vanilla Icedream that it becomes a treat to your taste buds and senses.
It is available year-round, and they even have a peppermint chip frosted coffee version that is available during the holidays!
This is the Best Chick-Fil-A Frosted Coffee Recipe!
This recipe stands out due to its authenticity and the careful attention that was made in replicating the Chick-fil-A renowned frosted coffee, ensuring that the homemade version is as close to the popular drink as possible.
The recipe carefully balances sweetness and coffee strength to match the beloved original, offering a genuine Chick-fil-A experience.
Ingredients for the Chick-Fil-A Frosted Coffee Recipe
Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the detailed ingredient measurements.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Chick-fil-a uses a specific old-fashioned vanilla flavored ice cream. You can find links below in this article if you are curious on where you can find it at. However, any good quality vanilla bean ice cream should give the same flavor.
- Cold Brew Coffee: Cold brew has a softer, milder flavor that has a low acidity and bitterness than regular brewed hot coffee. It makes sense that it's used by Chick-fil-a because it won't ruin the sweetness of the ice cream milkshake.
- Whipped Cream (Optional): Who doesn't love a milkshake that's topped with whipped cream?! It's not mandatory for this recipe but it does give it an extra oomph!
How to Make this Chick-Fil-A Frosted Coffee
Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the full step-by-step instructions.
- Place the ice cream and cold brew in a blender and blend until it's smooth and creamy.
- Pour it into a glass and enjoy it as is or top it with some whipped cream and enjoy!
Why You Need to Make this Recipe!
- Take your cold-brewed iced coffee to the next level by putting a fun twist on it and turning it into an absolute treat!
- It's the perfect way to cool off on a hot day during the summer months.
- This copycat Chick-fil-a frosted coffee recipe only requires a couple simple ingredients that you might already have or could easily get at the grocery store.
- Making it at home allows you to customize it any way you want!
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
Where Can I Find Old-Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream?
There are a lot of choices when it comes to vanilla ice cream. The entire range of flavors include French vanilla, vanilla bean, homemade vanilla, and old-fashioned vanilla.
Although they are all still vanilla at the end of the day, there are minor yet noticeable differences in flavor. If you want to know where you can find the old-fashioned vanilla to make your milkshake have the exact same great flavor as Chick-fil-a, here are a couple brands to look for at your local grocery store:
Flavor and Recipe Variations for the Chick-Fil-A Frosted Coffee
- Other Flavors of Ice Cream: The best part about this recipe is changing it up to whatever you're craving in the moment. Use chocolate ice cream or caramel ice cream for a flavor switch up. Or use coffee ice cream for an enhanced strong coffee flavor.
- Extra Add-ins: Keep the vanilla ice cream and add other flavors on top of it. Chocolate syrup or caramel sauce would go great with the vanilla-coffee flavor. Give it a crunch by mixing in chocolate shavings, cookie crumbles, or white chocolate chips.
- Protein Shake: Up the grams of protein and enjoy this milkshake after your workout by adding in a scoop of protein powder.
How Do I Make Cold Brew Coffee?
The easiest way to make cold brew is to pour a couple scoops of coffee grounds into a French press or Cold-brewed coffee maker and leaving it in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
There are also individual cold brew coffee bags that resemble tea bags that make the cold-brew coffee process even easier. You can just simply drop those into any glass or cup without needing the specific proprietary equipment. Allow them to brew for 12-24 hours then enjoy in your drinks!
How to Store the Chick-Fil-A Frosted Coffee
To keep this milkshake fresh, put into an airtight container such as a mason jar and place it in the fridge. It should be able to hold its icy texture for a few hours.
This drink is best made and enjoyed as soon as you make it for optimal flavor and texture!
What If I Don't Have Cold Brew Coffee?
That is completely fine, any form of coffee would work. Replacing cold brew with regular coffee, espresso made from an espresso maker, or instant coffee made from hot water and instant coffee granules would all work well.
You could even use decaf coffee to be able to have this drink at night or any time of the day. Just make sure that you use cold coffee no matter in which form it is, so it doesn't melt the ice cream.
The Best Chick Fil A Frosted Coffee Copycat Recipe
Chick-Fil-A Frosted Coffee Copycat recipe
- 3 cups ice cream Use low-calorie or low-sugar ice cream if you'd like.
- ½ cup cold brew
- Whipped cream
- Place the ice cream and cold brew in a blender and blend until creamy.3 cups ice cream, ½ cup cold brew
- Pour in a glass and enjoy as is or top with some whipped cream and serve.Whipped cream