This McDonald's iced caramel mocha recipe is perfect for McDonald's fans and coffee lovers alike. With the sweet flavors of caramel and chocolate, the creaminess of whole milk, and bold flavor of freshly brewed coffee, your senses will be delighted as soon as you take your first sip. Try this copycat recipe today and find out why everyone has been talking about this cool iced caramel mocha latte!
This is the Best Mcdonald's Iced Caramel Mocha Recipe
This McDonald's iced caramel mocha recipe stands out as the top example of indulgence and satisfaction, exceeding all others with its rich flavors. What sets this recipe apart is the attention to detail, ensuring that each ingredient is measured to achieve the ideal balance. The result is a drink that excites the taste buds with a burst of flavors.
Ingredients for the McDonald's Iced Caramel Mocha Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed ingredient measurements.
- Espresso: The iced caramel mocha is a latte, so it does require shots of espresso made from espresso beans. If you don't have, you could easily replace it with whatever form of coffee you'd like.
- Chocolate Sauce: Chocolate sauce is one half of the flavor that makes this drink so epic. The better the quality of the chocolate, the better the flavor. However, you can always use whatever is convenient or easily available to you.
- Caramel Sauce: Caramel sauce is the second half of the flavor of this delicious drink. There is also extra caramel drizzle that will go on top. Together with the chocolate, the combination of the two flavors will be enough to make you think this is your new favorite drink.
- Whole Milk: McDonald's specifically uses whole milk in their iced mocha, so to keep it consistent we will be doing the same. However, you are free to use whatever dairy milk or plant-based milk you'd like.
- Whipped Cream: A light and airy whipped cream topping is the perfect "icing on the cake" for this iced caramel coffee.
- Ice Cubes: You will need a few regular ice cubes just to keep the coffee extra cold and give it that chilled drink feel of a typical iced coffee.
How To Make This McDonald's Iced Caramel Mocha Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for full step-by-step instructions.
- Start by brewing your espresso or coffee.
- Add the caramel and chocolate to the coffee while it's still so it dissolves, then allow to sit and cool to room temperature. You want the coffee to be cold or room temperature at the least so that it doesn't immediately melt the ice.
- Grab your cup, fill it with ice and then pour in the sweetened coffee.
- Add the milk and give the drink a good stir or shake to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Top it with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce and enjoy!
Why You Need to Make This McDonald's Iced Caramel Mocha Recipe
- This recipe only requires a handful of basic ingredients.
- It's easy to make and can be done by anyone regardless of experience.
- Save time by avoiding a trip to the restaurant to grab a coffee.
- It's a great way to save money by making it at home multiple times for a fraction of the cost.
Ingredient Substitutions You Can Make
Instead of Espresso: Making espresso at home can be difficult, especially if you don't have an espresso machine or even the right type of coffee beans. You could definitely use any type of coffee you want such as regular coffee, cold brew coffee, or even instant coffee if you're in a hurry. You could also use decaf coffee so that you could enjoy your delicious beverage any time of the day.
Instead of Whole Milk: For an even creamier and thicker iced coffee, use half-and-half, heavy cream, or a scoop of caramel ice cream. For "skinny" or "light" iced coffee drinks, use skim or nonfat milk. If your lactose intolerant, vegan, or just looking for a change, use plant-based milks such as almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, or oat milk. This also applies to the whipped cream.
For a Sugar-Free Option: Use sugar free syrups such as sugar-free caramel sauce and sugar-free chocolate sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions About the McDonald's Iced Caramel Mocha Recipe
What Is the Best Chocolate Sauce to Use?
There are a couple of different high-quality brands that you could try to make your iced latte as good as it can be. Here is a list of some of the favorites.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Sauce
- Monin Premium Chocolate Sauce
- Torani Puremade Dark Chocolate Sauce
What Is the Best Caramel Sauce to Use?
Rich caramel flavor can be the sole difference maker in making sure your coffee is absolutely delicious. The quality of that caramel is what it's all about. Here are a few different top tier brands to choose from.
- Torani Caramel Sauce
- Ghirardelli Caramel Sauce
- Monin Premium Caramel Sauce
Can I Make Homemade Caramel?
Yes! Making your sweet caramel syrup at home for this McDonald's iced caramel mocha recipe is easy and only needs a few simple ingredients. For a great and easy-to-follow recipe, check out this Fail Proof Homemade Caramel Sauce.
Can I Have This McDonald's Caramel Mocha Coffee Hot?
You can absolutely make it into a hot latte to be enjoyed during the colder winter months. All you would have to do is:
- Steam, boil, or microwave the milk.
- Make a fresh batch of espresso. You could make instant coffee by combining instant coffee powder and hot water.
- Don't use ice in this recipe.
- Combine everything together and enjoy!
Can I Have This McDonald's Iced Caramel Mocha Blended?
Looking to indulge in a McDonald's caramel frappe? Blended frappes are perfect for a hot summer day and can be even more refreshing than an iced coffee.
In order to turn this iced caramel mocha coffee recipe into a frappe recipe, all you'll need to do is grab a blender, pour in your coffee mixture and blend for 15-30 seconds. Make sure you blend it before adding your toppings.
Add your toppings after it has been blended.
How To Store Leftover McDonald's Iced Caramel Mocha
If you've had your fill and are satisfied, but still have some of your drink leftover, it very easy to store your iced coffee.
If you plan on having your leftover coffee in the next couple of days, storing it in the fridge for up to a couple of days will be perfect.
First thing you should do is strain the liquid from the ice using a sieve. Leaving the ice in will cause it to eventually melt and water down the flavor of your coffee
. Once the ice is removed, put your coffee in an airtight container with a sealed lid such as a mason jar or a thermos cup. Store for up to 3 days.
The Best McDonald's Iced Caramel Mocha Recipe Copycat
McDonald's iced caramel mocha recipe
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce adjust to taste, extra for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce adjust to taste, extra for drizzling
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 cup whole milk
- ice cubes
- Whipped cream
- Brew your espresso as per usual. I use my Breville espresso machine but you can also use an Italian espresso pot, a Nespresso machine, or even mix a little espresso powder with hot water.2 shots espresso
- Mix the caramel sauce, and the chocolate sauce into the warm espresso shot in a tall glass. Top it with ice then with the whole milk.2 tablespoons caramel sauce, 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce, 1 cup whole milk, ice cubes
- Give it a good stir then enjoy as is or top with whipped cream and extra drizzles of chocolate sauce and caramel sauce and enjoy!Whipped cream