This Trader Joe's Thai wheat noodles recipe is savory, delicious, and full of flavor! It uses Trader Joe's staples that you have probably seen in stores and would be ready in no time. Follow along with this simple recipe to find out how to make it!
This recipe will show you how to use the noodles mainly in a stir fry dish. It will also touch on the many other great ways to incorporate them.
What are Trader Joe's Thai Wheat Noodles?
These whole wheat noodles are made fresh in Thailand, vacuum-sealed, and shipped directly to Trader Joe's. They come in a pack of three and are fully cooked and ready to eat.
The best part about them is the convenience. Nothing beats being able to make a home cooked meal in matter of minutes. And especially when you get to avoid waiting around for water to boil.
Another positive is that these are some extremely versatile noodles. You can use them for stir-fry with veggies, ramen or soup, or crisp them up in a pad Thai.
Ingredients for the Trader Joe's Thai Wheat Noodles Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed ingredient measurements.
- Trader Joe's Thai Wheat Noodles
- Olive Oil: is used to sauté the noodles and vegetables.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic gives an incredible flavor in stir fry cuisine.
- Snap Peas: Thinly slice them for a better texture.
- Trader Joe's Baby Corn: Slice them lengthwise down the middle.
- Broccoli: This is an optional vegetable ingredient. Tastes great when pan fried and adds extra health benefits.
- Mushrooms: Cremini mushrooms are fine, but if you're feeling adventurous, try oyster mushrooms or shitake instead.
- Choice of Protein: Use chicken, shrimp, or a fried egg. Or tofu for a plant-based meal.
- Trader Joe's General Tsao's Stir Fry Sauce: This stuff pairs great with the noodles and you might as well pick some up while you're at the store.
- Water: is used to help the sauce evenly coat the ingredients.
- Green Onions and Sesame Seeds: for garnish.
How to Make this Trader Joe's Thai Wheat Noodles Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for full step-by-step instructions.
- In a large pan or wok, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cubed tofu or chicken to the pan and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add sliced snap peas, baby corn, broccoli florets, and sliced mushrooms to the pan. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the Thai Wheat Noodles to the wok, followed by Trader Joe's General Tso's Stir Fry Sauce and little bit of water. Toss everything together until well coated and heated through.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Why You Need to Make this Trader Joe's Thai Wheat Noodles Recipe!
- You can grab everything you need from the grocery store in the same trip.
- It's a great way to get an easy home-cooked meal during busy weeknights.
- Get out of your comfort zone and try making something new!
Flavor Variations for this Stir Fry Recipe
- Different Veggies: The vegetables that were picked for this meal are not set-in-stone ingredients. You can use whatever canned, frozen, or fresh vegetables you want! Try caramelized onions and bell peppers for a sweeter flavor.
- Different Sauces: Stir fry sauce is very sweet and can sometimes take away from the savory flavors. Instead of the stir fry sauce, try a drizzle of hot and spicy sauce, sesame oil, chili oil, or a delicious peanut sauce for a peanut noodles dish. You could even try fish sauce for a more authentic taste. Just make sure to adjust your salt and pepper accordingly to the sauce you end up using!
- Different Toppings: Try the Trader Joe's chili onion crunch or chili crisp. Or try fresh herbs such as cilantro.
What Other Ways Can I Use the Noodles?
Since these noodles from Trader Joe's comes in a three pack, you might as well experiment with different noodle recipes!
- Ramen Noodles: Grab yourself a tasty soup broth. My personal favorite is the miso flavor. Flavor the broth by quickly boiling vegetables and flavored oils and enjoy!
- Thai Curry Noodles: Combine sweet Thai basil, lime juice, coconut milk, and plenty of curry powder to make one of the best sauces to go with these noodles.
- Pad Thai Noodles: Pad Thai is traditionally made with rice noodles, but we can still make it work with the wheat noodles. Pad Thai needs a sour, a sweet, and a salty flavor. Brown sugar or teriyaki sauce can be your sweet, rice wine vinegar or fresh lime juice can be your sour, and soy sauce can be your salty. Mix those altogether in a small bowl, then pour into a pan with your noodles, protein, and veggies.
The Best Trader Joe's Thai Wheat Noodles Recipe
TraderJoe's Thai Wheat Noodles Recipe
- 1 package Trader Joe's Thai Wheat Noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup firm tofu or chicken diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup snap peas thinly sliced
- 1 bag baby corn from Trader Joes, sliced in half
- 1 cup broccoli florets optional
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms cooked or raw
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe's General Tso's Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 green onions sliced (for garnish)
- Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- In a large pan or wok, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.1 tablespoon olive oil, 3 cloves garlic
- Add tofu or chicken to the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook until browned and cooked through.1 cup firm tofu or chicken, salt and pepper to taste
- Add sliced snap peas, baby corn, broccoli florets, and sliced mushrooms to the pan. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.1/2 cup snap peas, 1 bag baby corn, 1 cup broccoli florets, 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- Add the cooked Thai Wheat Noodles to the pan, followed by Trader Joe's General Tso's Stir Fry Sauce and little bit of water. Toss everything together until well coated and heated through. Gently break the noodles apart as they are being heated.1 package Trader Joe's Thai Wheat Noodles, 1/2 cup Trader Joe's General Tso's Stir Fry Sauce, 1/4 cup water
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds if desired.2 green onions, Sesame seeds
- Serve the Thai Wheat Noodles stir-fry hot and enjoy the flavorful combination of Thai Wheat Noodles and General Tso's Stir Fry Sauce!