This Starbucks merry mint white mocha recipe is brand new, easy to follow, and here right in time for the holidays. Follow along with this easy recipe so you don't miss out on making it!
Starbucks just came out with this new drink! If you're a Starbucks fan, you know there are going to be long lines of people waiting to try it. That's why we had to create this simple recipe of this festive drink!
Now you can skip the lines and make it anytime you want in the comfort of your own home.
This is the Best Starbucks Merry Mint White Mocha Recipe
This recipe stands out above the rest as it captures the authentic flavor of Starbucks' Merry Mint White Mocha. It delivers a rich and indulgent taste that closely mimics the original drink.
Aside from its ability to be customized and its cost-effectiveness, this drink is perfect for the holiday season or any time you crave a touch of festivity.
Ingredients for the Starbucks Merry Mint White Mocha Recipe
Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed ingredient measurements.
- Espresso: Shots of bold espresso is the coffee base for this icy beverage.
- White Chocolate Sauce: White chocolate is used to flavor the espresso.
- Milk: The milk is mixed with the espresso to create the latte base.
- Ice: A cup full of ice is needed to give this drink its winter-chill texture.
- Heavy cream: The cream is frothed with milk to create the iconic Starbucks cold foam.
- Cocoa powder: Cocoa is used to flavor the cold foam.
- Peppermint syrup: Peppermint is used alongside the cocoa powder to create a peppermint chocolate foam. If you decide to purchase the Monin syrup through the link I shared use the code LOAF for an additional 15% off!
- Chocolate Shavings: There's nothing better than topping a holiday latte with curls of decadent chocolate. You can buy them online or at the store, but you could save money by just making them at home. If you're curious about how to make them, click here to jump to the section.
How to Make the Starbucks Merry Mint White Mocha Recipe
Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the full step-by-step instructions.
- Brew the espresso and pour it into a tall glass. Add in the white chocolate sauce and stir to combine. The white chocolate combines easier with the espresso while it is still hot.
- Top it with ice and the milk and stir to combine.
- Combine the heavy cream, milk, peppermint syrup, and cocoa powder in a separate cup or small bowl.
- Aerate it by using a handheld frother until it doubles in volume.
- Pour it over your drink then top the whole thing with chocolate shavings if desired and enjoy!
Why You Need to Make This Recipe!
- This festive treat is only available for a limited time at Starbucks, but now you can make it year-round!
- It only requires a few simple ingredients that you can easily get from the grocery store or buy online.
- Customize it any way you want without overpaying for substitutions.
- Get yourself into the Christmas spirit and enjoy the traditional flavors of the holiday season!
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
What's the Difference Between the Merry Mint White Mocha and the Peppermint White Mocha at Starbucks?
The main difference between the two drinks is that the Merry Mint White Mocha does NOT have peppermint syrup mixed into the espresso.
Instead, the peppermint syrup is mixed into the cold foam in the Merry Mint White Mocha, which the Peppermint White Mocha also does not have.
How Do I Make Shaved Chocolate Curls?
The two things you'll need are a peeler and a bar of dark or milk chocolate. You're going to grab your chocolate bar, turn it on its side, and carefully shave off small pieces with the peeler. Make sure to put a bowl or small plate underneath to catch the shavings as they fall.
Can I Make a Hot Merry Mint White Mocha?
Yes, you can!
To make this a hot latte, follow the same steps except don't add ice, and make sure to steam or heat up your milk before adding it to the espresso. You could even make the foam before or while the espresso is brewing to even further reduce the time so you can enjoy it as warm as possible.
Can I Make a Blended Merry Mint White Mocha Frappucino?
Technically, no. What makes this merry mint white mocha unique is that it has separate layers of flavor.
If you blend and combine all of them together, it can no longer be considered the same drink.
Can I Substitute Peppermint Extract for the Peppermint Syrup?
You can, however, just know that peppermint extract is a lot stronger than syrup and it also doesn't have the same sweetening effect.
To substitute, use 1/8th teaspoon of peppermint extract and one half or one whole tablespoon of powdered sugar in the recipe. Powdered sugar dissolves and combines much easier than granulated sugar so it's perfect for sweetening the cold foam.
How to Store the Homemade Starbucks Merry Mint White Mocha
To store your Christmas latte, you'll want to strain the liquid from the ice so that it doesn't water down the flavor. Then put it in an airtight container such as a mason jar and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Be aware that by doing this you won't have those deliciously distinct layers anymore.
The Best Starbucks Merry Mint White Mocha Recipe Copycat
Merry mint white mocha Starbucks Copycat
- 2 shots espresso
- 2-3 tablespoons white chocolate sauce
- ¾ cup milk
Peppermint chocolate cold foam
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons peppermint syrup
Chocolate shavings for topping
- Brew your espresso then pour it into a tall glass. Add in the white chocolate sauce and stir to combine.2 shots espresso, 2-3 tablespoons white chocolate sauce
- Top it with ice then the milk and stir to combine.¾ cup milk, ice
Chocolate peppermint cold foam
- Combine the heavy cream, milk, peppermint syrup, and cocoa powder in a separate cup or bowl.2 tablespoons heavy cream, 2 tablespoons milk, 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons peppermint syrup
- Froth using a hand held frother until it doubles in volume.
- Pour over your drink then top with chocolate shavings if desired and enjoy!