The Smoothie King Strawberry Hulk Smoothie packs a punch when it comes to healthy nutrients. This fruity smoothie is a perfect choice for athletes as this is a good source of protein, a great option for busy professionals who don't have time for lunch, or for anyone wanting to enjoy a Smoothie King protein shake at home!
This is the best Strawberry Hulk Smoothie King copycat recipe
If you have been looking for a bulking smoothie then we got you covered with this delicious dupe to your favorite smoothie king smoothie!
The strawberry hulk is very similar to their original hulk smoothie but this one has added strawberries for a more fresh and fruity twist.
Need to bulk up, this is the drink for you (many more are coming your way soon but for now, this is it!) In the meantime, check out Peanut Paradise Tropical Smoothie Cafe smoothie recipe, Almond Mocha Smoothie King Recipe, and thisBanana Boat Smoothie King Recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Save Time by making a trip to the grocery store once, instead of leaving the house every time you want a fruit smoothie.
- Save Money. Making this drink at home is a great way to keep your money in your pocket in the long run.
- Customize this creamy smoothie any way you want. Add more things, and remove the ones that you don't like, that's the beauty of making this at home.
What is the Hulk Strawberry Smoothie?
The classic Smoothie King Hulk recipe includes bananas, strawberries, turbinado, hulk blend, and butter pecan ice cream. It is one of their higher calorie smoothies and is intended to be a meal replacement, help with weight gain, or recover from a workout.
What is the Hulk blend made of?
The Hulk blend is a more nutrient-dense protein mixture than standard whey protein alone. It does include whey protein, but it also contains nuts and extra milk.
The goal is to increase muscle recovery or keep you fuller for longer through the addition of healthy fats and higher protein content. In this recipe, we are still using regular protein powder because the hulk blend isn't as easily available but you can add nuts to the smoothie itself to balance it out and give it those extra nutrients.
What do I need to make a Hulk Strawberry Smoothie?
Here are the ingredients you will need. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements!
- Bananas: make sure to use a ripe banana to add a natural sweetness.
- Strawberries: frozen or fresh strawberries are essential to this recipe as its fruit juice provides a liquid base as well as benefits for your immune system from vitamin C.
- AlmondMilk: to imitate the Hulk blend you have to add nuts of some sort. We used almond milk in our recipe, but it is also recommended to try it with peanut butter and whole milk.
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream: this flavor is used by Smoothie King but if you are not a fan then you can substitute with vanilla ice cream.
- Protein Powder: the addition of protein powder is at the top of the health benefits of this recipe. Smoothie King uses vanilla flavors for their protein, but you could use a different flavor such as strawberry or banana whey protein, and still achieve a similar taste.
- High-speed Blender: using a high-speed blender such as a Nutri-bullet, Vitamix, Ninja blender, or the Zwilling blender will ensure that your smoothie is well blended to that perfectly smooth texture.
How do I make a Hulk Strawberry Smoothie?
Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Add all of your ingredients to a good blender starting with the milk, frozen banana slices, frozen strawberry slices, Ice cream, and protein powder.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and serve in a tall glass.
What are the Nutritional Facts?
The standard 20-ounce serving for this 'get fit blend' from Smoothie King includes:
- 890 calories
- 25 grams of protein
- 34 grams of fat
- 131 grams of sugar, with 91 grams coming from added sugar
The addition of the turbinado raw sugar adds too much sugar and is too sweet for a lot of people. Making this recipe at home will keep the grams of fiber and protein high while knocking down the fat, sugar, and calories.
What are some other Variations for this recipe?
There are many ways to make this recipe different and switch it up to your liking. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Make it Crunchy: add a few tablespoons of pecans, peanuts, and cashews for a fun crunchy texture.
- Make it Healthy: When used as a meal replacement, the addition of healthy ingredients such as fresh fruit and leafy greens can help the smoothie be more well-rounded nutritionally. You could also substitute the ice cream with frozen nonfat Greek yogurt. Add chia seeds or flax seeds for a boost in fatty acids.
- Make it Vegan: You would need to use vegan protein powder and vegan ice cream, which usually comes in a soy milk or oat milk base.
- Make it Caffeinated: Kickstart your morning with this smoothie by mixing it with espresso, cold brew coffee, or green tea.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
How to Store this Strawberry Hulk Smoothie?
Since the smoothie contains fruit and dairy it is best stored in the fridge. You would want to use a container with an airtight lid to prevent it from losing moisture and becoming too thick.
You can also store it for longer by pouring any leftovers you have into an ice cube tray, freezing it, and reblending it with a little extra milk whenever you are ready to enjoy it.
How Can I Make a Keto Hulk Strawberry Smoothie?
You would need to remove the fruit from this recipe and substitute the ice cream and protein powder with keto diet versions. You could still get fruit flavor by adding banana and strawberry extracts.
Will this smoothie help with gaining weight?
Yes! If looking to bulk up and increase muscle mass, the protein, and overall calories will greatly increase your ability to maintain and gain weight and muscle. Make sure to eat a meal and then have this smoothie on the side to stack calories.
The Best Copycat Smoothie King Strawberry Hulk Smoothie Recipe
smoothie king strawberry hulk recipe
- 1 cup strawberries frozen
- 1 ripe banana frozen
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup butter pecan ice cream or vanilla ice cream and a handful of pecans
- 1 scoop protein powder I used vanilla protein powder
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender starting with the milk, frozen banana slices, frozen strawberry slices, Ice cream, and protein powder.1 cup strawberries, 1 ripe banana, 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup butter pecan ice cream, 1 scoop protein powder
- Blend well until smooth and serve in a tall glass.