McDonald's breakfast sauce is a creamy and tangy condiment that is served on many of their breakfast items. It is a combination of mayonnaise, yellow mustard, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and other spices. With this recipe, you'll be able to make one of Mcdonald's sauces at home in no time. Pair this copycat recipe with your eggs, hashbrown, breakfast burrito, cheese bagel, sausage burrito, or any other favorite breakfast foods of yours for the ultimate breakfast treat!
Are you a fan of McDonald's breakfast menu but want to try making your own delicious breakfast sauce at home? Look no further because we have the perfect recipe for you! This copycat McDonald's breakfast sauce recipe is a great way to recreate that distinct flavor of the original sauce using simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store.
This is the best McDonalds breakfast sauce recipe!
This versatile sauce can be used as a dipping sauce for your favorite breakfast items such as hash browns, breakfast sandwiches, cheese bagels, and breakfast burritos. The tangy and spicy flavor of this delicious sauce is also a great complement to French fries and other savory dishes. Plus making this on a Sunday while you meal prep and having it ready for the week is one of the easiest and best ways I found to have something delicious for breakfast every day.
What is McDonalds breakfast sauce and what does it taste like?
McDonald's breakfast sauce is a creamy and tangy condiment that is served on many of their breakfast items. It is a combination of mayonnaise, yellow mustard, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and other spices. The sauce has a distinct tangy flavor with hints of sweetness and a slight kick of spice. It has a smooth and creamy texture, which complements the savory flavors of the breakfast items it is served with. Overall, McDonald's breakfast sauce adds a unique and delicious flavor to their breakfast menu items.
Why do you need to make this recipe!
- You can customize the flavors to your liking.
- This recipe gives you greater control over the main ingredients used in it.
- It is a fun, simple, and cost-effective way to make this creamy sauce.
- Making it at home is a great way to impress your friends and family.
- The best part is that this sauce tastes so close to the real thing and will go so well with your breakfast food items!
Ingredients for this way homemade sauce.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this McDonald's sauce. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Mayonnaise - We are using regular mayonnaise but feel free to use whichever one fits your special dietary needs.
- Yellow mustard- Instead of dijon mustard we opted for yellow mustard because it will give this tangy sauce the closest taste to the real thing.
- Lemon juice - This will balance out the fat content of the sauce and add a little brightness to it.
- Worshechire- Add a little depth of flavor to our McDonald's breakfast dipping sauce.
- Dill weed
- Onion powder & garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper - This is a great option to add a little extra kick of flavor to the sauce.
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Take it up a notch with these substitutions
- Add a splash of hot sauce or your favorite spices to give the sauce a unique flavor and a little more heat.
- Use fresh dill instead of dried dill weed for a richer taste.
How to use this high-quality breakfast sauce?
- Slice a piece of cheddar cheese on top of your breakfast sandwich or bagel and drizzle the sauce over it for a delicious breakfast treat.
- Use in your breakfast burritos to moisten them and add in that extra depth of flavor from this Mcdonald's breakfast sauce.
- Dip fries in it! I know that's not a breakfast item but if you are set on only using breakfast items with this sauce you can dip your hashbrowns in it instead.
- Add to a breakfast burger made with whatever patty you enjoy and a fried egg.
How to make this easy mcdonald’s breakfast sauce recipe?
This is how you can make this at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the salt and black pepper.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Transfer the sauce to an airtight container and store it in the fridge until ready to use.
Frequently asked questions - FAQ
Can I make this sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Pull it out of the fridge and use it immediately or allow it to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before enjoying it!
Can I freeze this sauce?
While this sauce can be frozen, we recommend making it fresh as needed for the best results. This way you will get the best texture sauce every time!
Can I make adjustments to the recipe to suit my dietary needs?
Yes, you can make adjustments to the recipe based on your dietary needs. For example, you can use vegan mayonnaise or a gluten-free Worcestershire sauce if you have food allergies.
What Does Mcdonald’s Breakfast Sauce Taste Like?
Mcdonald’s breakfast sauce has a creamy and tangy taste with a hint of smokiness. It is a unique blend of mayonnaise, yellow mustard, lemon juice, and spices that give it a distinct flavor that pairs well with breakfast items like sausage burritos, breakfast sandwiches, and hash browns.
Why Did Mcdonald’s Discontinue Breakfast Sauce?
Mcdonald's discontinued their breakfast sauce due to a change in their breakfast menu. They revamped their breakfast offerings and introduced new sauces to accompany the new menu items. Unfortunately, the beloved breakfast sauce did not make the cut and was removed from the menu.
What To Serve With McDonald’s Breakfast Sauce?
Mcdonald's breakfast sauce pairs well with a variety of breakfast items such as sausage burritos, breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches, and hash browns. It can also be used as a dipping sauce for french fries or as a spread for bagels or sandwiches.
Can I make it Vegan?
Yes, you can make a vegan version of the McDonald's breakfast sauce by using vegan mayonnaise instead of regular mayonnaise. You can also use plant-based milk in place of regular milk if the recipe calls for it. Some vegan mayonnaise brands include Just Mayo, Vegenaise, and Hellmann's Vegan Mayo. You can also use dairy-free milk options such as soy milk, almond milk, or oat milk. Make sure to read the ingredient labels carefully to ensure that there are no animal-derived products in the ingredients. By making these simple swaps, you can enjoy a delicious vegan version of the McDonald's breakfast sauce.
The best Mcdonald's breakfast sauce recipe
McDonald's breakfast sauce recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 &1/2 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tbsp steak sauce
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, steak sauce, dried dill weed, salt, and pepper until combined an smooth.1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 &1/2 tbsp mustard, 1/2 tbsp steak sauce, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp dried dill, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- place in an airtight container and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.