Save a trip to the fast-food chains and make your favorite morning coffee at home! This Jack in the Box Iced Mocha recipe is a staple if you are a Jack in the Box fan and have caffeine cravings! Its creamy, chocolate flavor will be a treat to your taste buds and is a perfect way to cool off on a hot day.
And one of the best things about this delicious drink is that it's made with just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have at home!
This is the best Mocha Sweet Cream Iced Coffee recipe
Our recipe is tried and true and the closest you can get to Jack in the Box's iced coffee. We'll give you detailed step-by-step instructions on what to do and even how to spruce it up and make it better!
Why you'll love this recipe
Coffee lovers have plenty of options when it comes to getting their favorite coffee from their favorite coffee shops. But no matter what or where you prefer to go, it all boils down to the same issues.
Hitting traffic on your way there and wasting time, overspending on a daily purchase you make frequently, or getting upcharged for adding any extra ingredients, just to name a few.
Making your own homemade mocha lattes or iced coffee is a great way to save your time and money in the long run. This could even be a way to use up leftover coffee from the day before.
What is a Jack in the Box Iced Mocha?
The Mocha Sweet Cream Iced coffee is made of premium roast coffee from arabica beans, sweetened cream, and chocolate sauce, and served over ice. It is a deliciously delightful and refreshing drink served at the Jack in the Box fast food restaurants.
This tasty drink is one of the top menu items at Jack in the Box restaurant and is sure to be a hit for your friends or family as well!
What do I need to make a Jack in the Box Iced Mocha?
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this Jack in the Box iced coffee. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Chilled coffee: you preferably will want to use cold coffee for this recipe so that the ice cubes don't melt immediately and water down the flavor. You could use hot coffee that has been refrigerated, cold brew coffee, or espresso or instant coffee mixed with cold water. For the best result, be sure to use a premium blend of coffee from high-quality coffee beans.
- Chocolate sauce: adds the rich flavor that sets this excellent beverage apart from regular coffee. Use white chocolate syrup to make white chocolate mochas for a fun twist.
- Sweet cream: this consists of half and half and powdered sugar. It adds a velvety smooth texture that resembles an iced latte. Substitute with oat milk or almond milk to accommodate any dietary preferences.
- Ice cubes
How do I make a Jack in the Box Iced Mocha?
Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a small cup or ramekin mix the half and half with powdered sugar.
- To a tall glass add drizzles of chocolate sauce then top it with ice.
- Pour the chilled coffee over the ice.
- Top that with the sweet cream and enjoy!
What are the nutrition facts of the Mocha Sweet Cream Iced Coffee from Jack in the Box?
There are 190 calories in the medium-sized cup and 320 calories in the large when ordered from Jack-in-the-Box restaurants. When ordering the large size, the nutrition facts are:
- 9g of fat
- 66g of carbs
- 4g of protein
You will easily be able to adjust any of these numbers by making this drink at home and substituting the ingredients.
What can I add to make this drink better?
There's always an extra ingredient or two you can put after to make this drink a little extra special!
- Whipped Cream: shake the can and swirl the whipped cream around the top to a crisp peak!
- Chocolate Chips: make this mocha a double by adding chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, or cocoa powder to take the chocolate flavor to the next level! This works especially well if you decide to make a blended beverage.
- Espresso Shots: add some extra milligrams of caffeine to have before a workout or in the morning after a long night.
What is the best Chocolate to use?
The quality of the Chocolate sauce brand used will greatly affect the quality of the flavor in your beverage. Some of the top brands we suggest you could use are:
How to store a Jack in the Box Iced Mocha?
Due to the dairy and perishable ingredients, store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
I would also advise you to strain or sieve the liquid to remove the ice cubes if you plan on saving for later to avoid watering down the flavor.
What to serve with this iced coffee?
Jack in the Box features a robust menu of desserts and other items that pair deliciously with this coffee. Here are a few we like:
- Chocolate overload cake
- Mini churros
- New York Style cheesecake
- Any breakfast items you enjoy!
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee for the Iced Mocha
Cold brew coffee has a different flavor, acidity, and caffeine content than regular hot coffee. There are a couple of different ways to make cold brew coffee with coffee grounds.
The easiest way is to use a French press. Open the French press lid, pour in the coffee grounds, fill with cold water, put the lid back on, and store in the fridge. It should be ready in 12-24 hours. That is all you will need to do.
If not using a French press, then you will need to use an airtight container, a sieve, and a coffee filter. As stated above, pour the coffee and cold water into a jar or airtight container and store in the fridge for 12-24 hours. Then take out a separate cup, place the sieve on top of it, and then the filter on top of that. Then pour the coffee through and filter out the grounds.
Is the Jack in the Box Iced Mocha available year-round?
It sure is! This is one of those coffee drinks that are always on their menu. It is an excellent choice whenever you need something both delicious and full of caffeine to keep you going for a little longer.
How does the homemade version compare to the one from Jack in the Box in terms of taste?
The homemade version of the Iced Mocha is designed to closely replicate the flavor of the Jack in the Box original. By following our recipe, you can enjoy a similar taste experience from the comfort of your home.
Jack in the Box Iced Mocha Recipe
jack in the box iced mocha recipe
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee chilled
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar adjust to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Whipped cream optional, for garnish
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder optional, for garnish
- Brew a strong cup of coffee, either using an espresso machine or a regular coffee maker. Allow it to cool completely, and then refrigerate until cold.3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- in a measuring cup stir the half and half with the powdered sugar together until dissolved. This is how we are making out sweet cream.1/4 cup half and half, 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce in a tall glass, add in the ice, then the chilled coffee. Top it off with the sweet half and half, give it a good stir, and enjoy.2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, 1 cup ice cubes
- Taste the iced mocha and adjust the sweetness or chocolate flavor by adding more sugar or chocolate syrup if necessary. Blend again if you make any adjustments.
- If desired, top your iced mocha with whipped cream and garnish it with chocolate shavings or a sprinkle of cocoa powder.