This Dunkin Donuts iced coffee recipe is the perfect thing for coffee lovers and fans of Dunkin Donuts everywhere! Follow along with this copycat recipe to find just how to do it!
This delicious iced coffee will satisfy your taste buds while giving you that jolt of energy you need to get you through the day.
The next time you're planning on leaving your house for a cup of joe, make this delicious coffee drink instead in the comfort of your own home!
Since you are here and love homemade coffees from your favorite restaurants, check out this Chick-Fil-A Vanilla Iced Coffee Easy Copycat Recipe, this McDonald's Iced Caramel Mocha Recipe, or this Copycat Dutch Bros Golden Eagle Recipe.
This is the Best Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe
This Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee recipe stands out for its perfectly balanced sweetness, customizable abilities, and authentic Dunkin' Donuts flavor.
This recipe replicates the quality of Dunkin' Donuts' signature iced coffee, providing a taste that mirrors the popular coffee shop experience.
The best part is, that making this drink at home is very cost-effective, is easy to prepare, and can be altered to fit whatever you're craving.
Ingredients for the Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the detailed ingredient measurements.
- Dunkin Donut Coffee Grounds: To get the true copycat experience and real Dunkin Donuts taste, try to get and use their brand of original blend coffee grounds for this recipe. It will taste so much more like the real thing that you'll be glad you did. If not, at least try to use coffee sourced from good quality coffee beans.
- Half-and-Half: You can use whichever type of milk you prefer. We like half-and-half because it is the perfect light cream middle point between milk and heavy cream.
- Simple Syrup: Simple syrup is the best way to sweeten this great iced coffee. Granulated sugar could work, but it doesn't always dissolve properly in cold coffee or cold drinks in general, so turning the sugar into a syrup first gives it the best chance of fully incorporating into the liquid. Continue to the FAQ section of this article to find out how to make it.
- Ice Cubes: To give your coffee that classic Dunkin' iced coffee chill, you'll want plenty of ice to fill your cup.
How to Make this Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the full step-by-step instructions!
- Brew your fresh Dunkin hot coffee with your preferred method. I used my drip coffee maker. Allow the coffee to cool down.
- Grab a tall glass and fill it with ice. You could even use a cocktail shaker for this part if you want your drink extra cold.
- Once the coffee has cooled, pour it over the ice into the glass or shaker.
- Top it off with half-and-half and sweetener if you want.
- Stir it or shake it, top with whipped cream if you'd like, and enjoy!
Why You Need to Make this Recipe!
- This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients that you can easily find at the grocery store. Most major chains carry Dunkin Donuts brand coffee grounds, I got mine at Target.
- Start your day off right and enjoy the great feeling of Dunkin Donuts coffee in the comfort of your own home.
- It's the easiest way to cool off on a hot summer day.
- When making it at home, you're in control of everything. From the amount of coffee and sweetener used to the flavor and strength of the ingredients as well.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
How Do I Make Simple Syrup?
Simple syrup is extremely easy to make and anyone could do it. It's just equal parts of water and sugar mixed. So, for example, if you used 1 cup of water, you would use 1 cup of sugar.
The key is to make sure to use hot water but not boiling. You risk burning the sugar if it boils for too long. You could heat the water by using a small pot on the stove, microwave the water for 2-3 minutes, or get it directly from the sink if you have a filtering system. Once the water is warm, stir until the sugar it is fully dissolved.
Another great thing about using the simple syrup sweetening method for a great cup of coffee is that you can infuse other flavors into it. An example would be dropping a few drops of vanilla extract or almond extract into the mixture while the water is hot.
Ingredient Substitutions for the Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe
- Instead of Regular Coffee: You could realistically use any of the various kinds of coffee available. Using cold brew coffee would enable you to make the iced coffee faster because it would already be cold. Instant coffee would also be faster because you would avoid the longer brewing process. Using espresso would give a more potent and stronger coffee taste but would turn our drink into a latte instead of an iced coffee. And of course, decaf coffee would be great to be able to enjoy the iced coffee any time of the day.
- Instead of Half-and-Half: Just like the coffee, if you didn't want half-and-half, any type of milk would work. Whole milk or nonfat milk would reduce the overall calories while still providing a creaminess. You could also use any of the plant-based varieties such as almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk.
- Instead of Simple Syrup: We know that making simple syrup isn't always the most time-efficient, so, by all means, use white sugar, brown sugar, or coconut sugar if you'd like, just make sure to dissolve it in hot coffee first. Honey or agave nectar are also solid choices that give a pleasant and unique flavor.
Flavor Variations for the Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe
The best way to flavor your coffee would be by using flavored syrups. Vanilla syrup, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, or hazelnut syrup are the most commonly used. I would recommend anyone of these.
How to Store the Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee
Since it has milk in it, you're going to want to transfer it to an airtight container such as a mason jar, and put it in the fridge. I also advise you to strain the ice out, so it doesn't melt and water down the drink.
The easiest way to achieve this is by placing a sieve on top of the open mason jar and pour the coffee through. Close it up and put it in the fridge. It should be good for a few days.
The Best Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe Copycat
Dunkin Donut Iced Coffee
- 1 cup Dunkin Donut coffee brewed and cooled down to room temperature
- ice cubes
- 1/4 cup half and half or milk or creamer of choice.
- 1-3 tablespoons simple syrup optional for a sweeter iced coffee
- Brew your dunkin coffee with your preferred method. I used my drip coffee maker. Allow the coffee to cool down a little before adding it to a tall glass full of ice.1 cup Dunkin Donut coffee, ice cubes
- Top it off with the simple syrup if you want a sweet drink and some half and half or milk.1/4 cup half and half, 1-3 tablespoons simple syrup
- Stir it and enjoy!