This copycat Wingstop Ranch Recipe is creamy, full of flavor, and you only need a few ingredients. Ready in just 5 minutes, this ranch dressing recipe will quickly become your favorite dipping sauce go-to.
Wingstop Ranch makes the best dipping sauce for things like wings, vegetables, pizza, and more. It's perfect for game day because you can make a lot of it without it costing too much.
Plus, who doesn't like dipping their football favorites into a creamy dipping sauce?
Main Ingredients for this homemade ranch recipe:
Hidden Valley Ranch Packet: For the best Wingstop ranch flavor, you will need to pick up the Restaurant-Style Hidden Valley Ranch packet instead of the regular ranch or the dip mix. You can also make your own homemade ranch dressing seasoning and add it to your mayo and buttermilk mixture.
Mayonnaise: I like to use good quality mayonnaise, like Hellman's or Duke's, because they both have the perfect creamy texture. You can use sour cream instead of mayo, but I find this recipe tastes more like Wingstop's ranch dressing when using mayo. I don't recommend using Greek yogurt as a replacement.
Buttermilk: One of the main ingredients is buttermilk, which you can find in the dairy section of your local grocery store. I recommend using buttermilk for this recipe for the perfect smooth texture, but you can use regular cow's milk as well. To make your own buttermilk, add in a splash of lemon juice or vinegar, mix, and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
Salt: I like to add a pinch of salt to my dressing as a flavor enhancer. I think it brings all of the flavors together perfectly.
How to Make Wingstop Ranch Dressing:
Making ranch dressing is probably one of the easiest recipes that you're going to make.
- Add mayo and buttermilk to a medium-sized bowl and mix together.
- Combine your Restaurant Style Hidden Valley Ranch packet or homemade ranch seasoning with the mayo-milk mixture, and stir.
- Let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, and serve!
What is Wingstop?
Wingstop is an American-based restaurant chain that specializes in chicken wings. This aviation-themed restaurant was founded in 1994 in Garland, Texas, and there are currently over 1,000 stores all around the US. They're known for their buffalo wings, delicious sauces, and hand-cut French fries.
What is ranch dressing?
Ranch dressing is an American-based salad dressing that is mayo based and full of herbs. Ranch is usually white in color but maybe a little green due to the amount of fresh herbs that are added in, like parsley, dill, and chives.
You will also find it has seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, and ranch. You can make your own homemade ranch seasoning, or you can pick up a Hidden Valley ranch mix at the store and use it.
For this recipe, I recommend using the restaurant-style ranch packet at the grocery store to get the flavor that we're looking for.
Copycat Wingstop Ranch Recipe Variations
There are many different variations of ranch dressing. Take your Wingstop ranch dressing to the next level switching things up a bit.
- Jalapeno Ranch: You can finely chop jalapeños and toss them into the ranch mixture. Add in the seeds for more of a kick!
- Buffalo Ranch: You can stir in some buffalo sauce for the perfect buffalo wing sauce.
- Dill Ranch: Add in extra fresh dill to your ranch and a little splash of dill pickle juice. Keep in mind, the pickle juice will thin out your dressing, so don't use as much buttermilk or water.
- Avocado Ranch: Add fresh avocado to your ranch mixture and then run it through your blender or food processor. This will make sure that there will be no avocado chunks and that it is completely mixed in.
HomemadeTips For The Best Ranch Recipe
- If you want to thicken your dip, add more mayo or sour cream until it gets to the right consistency.
- If you want to thin your dip, add extra heavy cream, milk, or water to your ranch dressing mix.
- Let your ranch sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. This will allow the dressing to chill and mix together more evenly.
Does ranch dressing contain eggs?
Ranch dressing does contain eggs because it is mayo based. If you are allergic or sensitive to eggs, feel free to use sour cream or a vegan mayonnaise substitute.
How long does homemade ranch dressing last?
Because ranch dressing is a combination of mayonnaise or sour cream and buttermilk, it will need to be immediately stored in the fridge. This Wingstop ranch recipe will stay good in your fridge for about a week if properly stored.
How to Store Homemade Wingstop Ranch Dip
Be sure to keep your homemade ranch in an airtight container, like a Tupperware container or mason jar, in the fridge. You can also keep it in a salad dressing shaker. I do not recommend freezing this recipe because of the mayonnaise.
How to Serve This Easy Wingstop Ranch Recipe
Ranch dressing pairs well with many different things. Of course it is absolutely delicious when paired with chicken wings or on top of your favorite salads. You can use it as a dipping sauce for fries, quesadillas, onion rings and pizza. Another great way to use ranch is as a condiment substitute on burgers instead of mayo.
The best Wingstop ranch recipe
Wingstop ranch recipe
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined.1/3 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.