This McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry recipe is the perfect thing to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year! It's made with creamy vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookie pieces, and mint flavor.
Every year, the Shamrock Oreo McFlurry comes out for only a limited time starting at the end of February and lasting until after St. Patrick's Day. And for the McDonald's lovers who specifically enjoy it, we can never get enough of the shamrock shake season before it's gone again. Well fret no more! With this copycat recipe, now you can enjoy the flavor all year round!
Since you are here and love McDonald's recipes that you can make at home, check out this Mcdonald's Caramel Iced Coffee Recipe, this McDonald's Copycat Shamrock Shake Recipe, or this Easy Mcdonald's Pancakes Copycat Recipe.
Ingredients for this McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the detailed ingredient measurements.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Try to get the "old fashioned" vanilla to have it taste similar to the real deal at McDonald's restaurants.
- Cool Whip: helps lighten the texture of the ice cream.
- Whole Milk: adds extra moisture to make it feel like a soft-serve ice cream shake.
- Mint Extract: is the crucial ingredient that adds the seasonal taste that we're looking for.
- Green Gel Food Coloring: You could use also use liquid food coloring to make the green shake if you don't have the gel.
- Oreos: blended with the ice cream gives that iconic McFlurry flavor! You can use regular Oreos but I wanted to add extra minty flavors so I used mint flavored Oreos!
How to make this McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry Recipe
Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card at the end of this post for the full step-by-step instructions!
- Place the ice cream, cool whip, milk, mint extract, and a little green food coloring into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the crushed Oreo pieces and pulse just a few times to combine.
- Pour in your serving glass, top with extra crushed Oreos, and enjoy with a straw or a spoon!
For a thicker and more enjoyable texture, throw in a a quarter (1/4) teaspoon of xanthan gum and see how delicious and fun it makes it.
Why You Need to Make this Recipe!
- This Oreo mint McFlurry only requires a few simple ingredients that you can easily find at the grocery store.
- It is a delicious and low-cost way to enjoy a minty ice cream treat during the Shamrock season.
- Take the best thing from the McDonald's menu and make it in the comfort of your own home.
Frequently asked questions - FAQ
Can I Use Peppermint Extract Instead of Regular Mint?
You sure can! Instead of the mint flavoring, you can use peppermint extract but just make sure to use a smaller amount.
Peppermint is a tad bit spicier and has a more intense, menthol-like flavor. When using it, start small then taste and assess if it needs more.
What Flavor Variations Can I Try with this McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry Recipe?
- Chocolate Version: Substitute the vanilla ice cream with chocolate to make chocolate Shamrock shakes if you're a mint-chocolate fan.
- Different Cookies: Since you're making this at home, you can use whatever cookies you want! Try regular chocolate chip cookies like Famous Amos or Chips-Ahoy.
- Shamrock Sundae: Make it thicker but using heavy cream or light cream instead of whole milk, put in a bowl, and drizzle chocolate syrup over the top of it.
What is the McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry?
This McFlurry has the same delicious taste of a soft serve Shamrock shake but with the luxurious crunch of Oreo cookies! It is one of the many fan favorites and seasonal menu items at McDonald's.
How Can I Make Homemade Whipped Cream for this Recipe?
Simply whip heavy cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it stiffens up. You could do it by hand with a whisk, but it will feel like a workout.
What is the Nutritional Information on the McDonald's Oreo Shamrock McFlurry?
The nutritional values of the Oreo Shamrock McFlurries include 93g of carbs, 17g of fat, 12g of protein, and 560 calories.
The Best McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry
McDonald's Shamrock McFlurry Recipe
- 2 & 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 oz cool whip
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- 2 tablespoon milk
- a drop of green gel food coloring add more to make it brighter
- 6 Oreos crushed Use regular Oreos or mint Oreos
- Add the ice cream, cool whip, milk, mint extract, and green gel food coloring to a blender and blend until smooth.2 & 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, 3 oz cool whip, ¼ teaspoon mint extract, 2 tablespoon milk, a drop of green gel food coloring add more to make it brighter
- Add in the Oreos and pulse to combine. Don't overmix, we want there to be some bigger chunks of Oreo for that awesome crunch.6 Oreos crushed
- Serve in a cup, top with more crushed oreos, and enjoy with a spoon!