This Domino's Parmesan Bites recipe is one of my all-time favorite copycat recipes. These little bites are topped with a delicious homemade garlic butter sauce and cooked until fluffy golden brown perfection. Pair them with a side of marinara, and you have the perfect appetizer, snack, or main course!
Domino's Pizza bites are one of my go-to recipes to bring to a game day party or a simple potluck. Not only are they delicious, but they're also super easy and cheap to make. Pair them with a side of marinara sauce or ranch, and you have the perfect dish to bring!
This delicious copycat recipe is kid-friendly and great for making on busy weeknights.
What are Domino's Parmesan Bread Bites?
Domino's pizza bites are addicting and super easy to make. These little nuggets are made up of little bites of pizza crust with butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese on top. Most of the time, they're dunked into marinara sauce.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Easy to make: this appetizer recipe is incredibly easy to make because it only takes six simple steps.
Cheap: pizza bites only require seven ingredients, making it perfect for game day, an easy dinner, or a potluck.
Easy to reheat: this Domino's copycat is super simple to warm up. All you do is pop them in the microwave or oven, and that's it!
Kid-friendly: one of my favorite things about this recipe is that it is kid-friendly. Not only will your kids love to eat them, but they can also help you make them!
Enjoy them anytime: you can eat them as an easy appetizer, quick snack, or as your main course.
What Do You Need to Make Domino's Parmesan Bites?
Pizza Dough: you can use either store-bought dough or make your own. To save time, I like to use Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust, which can be found in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store.
Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter for this recipe. Salt is added in with garlic salt as well as in the parmesan cheese. You don't want these to become too salty.
Garlic Powder and Garlic Salt: You will mix both of these ingredients together for a delicious, pungent, pizza-like flavor that we're going for on these bites.
Oregano: Dried oregano adds an authentic Italian flavor. You can also use dried parsley. Oregano is stronger than parsley, so you may have to add a little more parsley. You can also just add a salt-free Italian blend.
Parmesan Cheese: I like to use fresh, finely grated parmesan cheese. However, the jarred kind that is already grated may be a little closer to the Domino's flavor as the fresh will be stronger.
Marinara Sauce: You can use premade or homemade marinara dipping sauce for these bites. You can also use pizza sauce if you want more of a pizza flavor.
How Do You Make Domino's Parmesan Bites?
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into two, then roll out each pizza dough on a clean, lightly floured surface into a log. We want the diameter of each log to be about 2 inches.
- Cut the dough into about 1-1.5 inch bites and place on the prepared baking sheet. I like to use a pizza cutter.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, garlic powder, garlic salt, and dried oregano. Then, using a pastry brush, brush each dough ball with the melted butter mixture. Keep the leftover melted butter for later.
- Sprinkle about two tablespoons of the grated Parmesan cheese on the dough bites, then bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through to ensure even baking.
- Once the bread bites are baked, brush with whatever is left from the melted butter mixture, and add more shredded parmesan cheese. Serve with the marinara sauce, and enjoy!
Copycat Domino's Parmesan Bites Variations
If you want to add a little bit of spice, add red pepper flakes to your butter and Italian seasoning mix and spread on top of your pizza bites. You can also put a dash into your side of marinara sauce.
If you want to add a little protein, feel free to add your favorite meat pizza topping like pepperoni or sausage to your parm bites.
If you want to make dessert bites, all you have to do is switch out the garlic and oregano for cinnamon and sugar. You can also change your marinara to icing as well.
What Dough Should I Use for My Simple Parmesan Bread Bites?
I prefer using premade refrigerated pizza crust because it is simple and has the best pizza texture. You can also use biscuits if you don't have any pizza crust. If you want to use your own homemade dough, go right ahead! Either way works!
Pro Tip: Add the parmesan cheese as soon as you add the warm garlic butter mixture - this will help the parmesan stick to the bites!
How Do I Store Leftovers?
You can store leftovers in an airtight container or bag until you're ready to warm them up. They should last on the counter at room temperature for up to two days.
To reheat in the microwave: place the microwave on a plate and heat it for 20 seconds and then 10-second intervals.
To reheat in the oven: preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and then place your bites into your oven for about three to four minutes. This should keep your bites nice and crispy.
Simple Domino's Parmesan Bites Copycat Recipe
Dominos Parmesan Bites Recipe
- 16 oz pizza dough storebought or homemade, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter melted, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into two then roll out each pizza dough on a clean, lightly floured surface into a log. We want the diameter of each log to be about 2 inches.16 oz pizza dough
- Cut the dough into about 1-1.5 inch bites and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, garlic powder, garlic salt, and dried oregano. Then using a pastry brush, brush each dough ball with the melted butter mixture. Keep the leftover melted butter for later.1/4 cup butter, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the grated Parmesan cheese on the dough bites, then bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through to ensure even baking.1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Once the bread bites are baked, brush with whatever is left from the melted butter mixture, and add more shredded parmesan cheese. Serve with the marinara sauce and enjoy!Marinara sauce