This delicious Chick-fil-A peppermint milkshake is the ultimate copycat recipe. With delicious peppermint flavors from the peppermint candy and extract as well as chocolate from the chocolate chips it is truly a holiday winner!
This Chick-fil-A peppermint milkshake copycat recipe is here right in time for the holiday season.
While your local Chick-fil-A only serves it for a limited time of the year, now you will be able to treat your taste buds to the delicious flavor year-round! With just a few simple ingredients, you could be having this yummy peppermint shake in no time at all and in the comfort of your own home.
Who can resist the classic holiday flavor of peppermint bark? Try this copycat Chick-fil-A and taste the true holiday flavors.
What Is The Chick-fil-A Peppermint Milkshake?
The Chick-fil-A peppermint milkshake is a seasonal milkshake served during the fall and winter months. It's made with vanilla ice cream and chips of peppermint bark.
Together, they are turned into a hand-spun peppermint chip milkshake. It's a peppermint twist on an old holiday classic milkshake.
What You Need For The Chick-Fil-A Peppermint Milkshake
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed ingredient measurements.
Vanilla Ice Cream: Just like Chick-fil-A, the base of our peppermint chip milkshake recipe is vanilla ice cream, the old-fashioned way. More even more peppermint flavor, substitute with peppermint ice cream instead.
Milk: You will need a little bit of milk to help liquefy the ice cream and help the blending process. Whole milk works best but you could use any milk you'd like.
Peppermint Candy: Crushed peppermint candies turn this regular vanilla shake into a peppermint chip shake. You can use individually wrapped circles or crushed candy canes.
Blender: You'll need a low-speed blender to incorporate the festive peppermint chips and to aerate the ice cream.
How To Make The Chick-fil-A Peppermint Milkshake
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the full step-by-step instructions.
- Add all of the ingredients (minus the toppings) to your high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a tall glass.
- Top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
Why You Should Make This Chick-fil-A Peppermint Milkshake Recipe
- Copycat recipes are great for saving you money in the long run by helping you create your favorite restaurant chain recipes at home for a fraction of the cost!
- Milkshakes can be a delicious treat any time of the day.
- Save time by skipping a trip to the fast food restaurant and make this drink at home.
Variations You Can Make To The Chick-fil-A Peppermint Milkshake
Peppermint Syrup: Add a couple of pumps of peppermint syrup for even more peppermint flavor! We already are using pure peppermint extract but adding a little more peppermint syrup will help elevate that flavor even more. Just know that that will also add a little extra sweetness.
Chocolate Chips: Some people love mint and chocolate together and if you're someone who does, then add a handful of chocolate chips to create a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake. You can also chocolate syrup or white chocolate chips.
Protein Shake: Turn this sweet treat into a protein shake by adding a scoop of protein powder.
Tips and tricks
- Adjust the texture - Depending on what you like in your milkshakes, you can add more ice cream to make it thicker or add a little more milk to make the drink thinner.
- Serve your milkshake in a cold glass - Serving your milkshake in a cold glass will help keep it thick and cold for longer allowing you to enjoy the best iced drink!
What glasses should I serve this milkshake in?
You can use whatever you have on hand. These look absolutely stunning so a clear glass or mason jar should do the trick!
Chick-fil-A Peppermint Milkshake Copycat Recipe
Easy Chick-fil-A peppermint milkshake
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup milk whole or 2% milk
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract adjust to taste
- ⅓ cup crushed peppermint candies plus extra for garnish(optional)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring for a pinkish color
- Whipped cream for topping
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- In a blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, crushed peppermint candies, chocolate chips, and red food coloring (if using).4 cups vanilla ice cream, 1/3 cup milk whole or 2% milk, ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract, ⅓ cup crushed peppermint candies, ¼ cup chocolate chips, 2-3 drops of red food coloring
- Blend the mixture until it's smooth and all the ingredients are well combined. You can adjust the milk or ice cream to achieve your desired milkshake consistency.
- Taste the milkshake and adjust the amount of peppermint extract and crushed candies to your liking. Some people prefer a stronger peppermint flavor, while others like it milder.
- Pour the milkshakes into your serving glasses, top them with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry and enjoy.Whipped cream, Maraschino cherries