The Chick-fil-A cookies and cream milkshake is a deliciously dreamy blend of crunchy cookies and old-fashioned vanilla ice cream. It's easy to make and will satisfy your sweet tooth in no time. Follow along with this easy copycat recipe to find out how to make it!
A Chick-fil-A Oreo shake is the perfect sweet treat to satisfy those sweet cravings. The only thing better than having this delicious dessert, is having it at home!
Since you are here and love copycat Chick-fil-A recipes, check out this Chick-fil-A Mocha Cold Brew Coffee Recipe, this Chick Fil A Frosted Coffee Recipe, or this Chick-Fil-A Vanilla Iced Coffee Easy Recipe.
This is the Best Copycat Chick Fil A Cookies and Cream Milkshake Recipe!
This Oreo milkshake recipe stands out as it captures the creamy texture and rich flavor that Chick-Fil-A fans love.
The combination of vanilla ice cream and crushed chocolate sandwich cookies creates a symphony of sweetness and crunch in every sip. What sets this recipe apart is its simplicity without compromising on authenticity.
Ingredients for the Chick-fil-A Cookies and Cream Milkshake
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the detailed ingredient measurements.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Chick-fil-a uses old-fashioned flavored vanilla ice cream. It does have a distinct flavor that will remind you of classic vanilla milkshakes. However, any type of vanilla such as French vanilla or vanilla bean ice cream will work.
- Milk: Milk is used to help liquify the ice cream. Use whole milk for the creamiest option, or whichever type of milk you'd like.
- Oreos: Oreo cookies are great to blend into a shake. They have a strong cocoa flavor that pairs very well with the vanilla ice cream.
- Toppings (Optional): Whipped cream and maraschino cherries just like the way Chick-fil-A does it.
How to Make the Chick-fil-A Cookies and Cream Milkshake
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the full step-by-step instructions.
- Put the ice cream and milk together in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the Oreo sandwich cookies and pulse until they're fully combined.
- Pour in a tall glass, top with whipped cream, and a maraschino cherry, and enjoy!
Why You Need to Make this Recipe!
- This is the ultimate cookies and cream shake to satisfy even the strongest sweet tooth.
- This delicious dairy dessert only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your own kitchen!
- Pair it with a savory meal such as a chicken sandwich, KFC Popcorn Chicken, or have it on its own!
- Take it to the next level by customizing it any way you want.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
Can I Make a Vegan Chick-fil-A Cookies and Cream Milkshake?
Yes, you actually can!
First off, Oreos are vegan so you're good on that end. So, the only thing you'd have to do would be make sure to use vegan ice cream and plant-based milk. There are loads of varieties stemming from almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, and coconut milk.
What Other Flavor Variations Can I Do?
- Different Flavor of Ice Cream: You could realistically use any flavor and it would still be considered a cookies and cream milkshake. A few easy varieties would be chocolate, caramel, or peanut butter flavored ice cream.
- Different Type of Cookie: If you're not an Oreo fan, use crushed up classic chocolate chip cookies for Chips Ahoy or Famous Amos. Nutter Butter cookies would also be a great substitute.
Can I Store the Chick-fil-A Cookies and Cream Milkshake?
Milkshakes are best enjoyed fresh because they are not that easy to store. If you're absolutely stuffed and can't finish it, here's what you can do.
Keep it in the freezer so it maintains maximum freshness. When you feel like you would want it again, transfer it to the fridge for a slow thaw, or take it out and put it on the counter for a faster thawing process.
You will need to check it periodically to know when it's able to be blended. A re-blend after it's been frozen is the best way to enjoy it again. If it melted too much while on the kitchen counter, you could put it back in the freezer for a bit or blend it with ice cubes or more icecream if you want it immediately.
The Best Chick-fil-A Cookies and Cream Milkshake
Cookies and Cream Chick-Fil-A Milkshake
- 3 & 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream right out of the freezer, use your favorite brand
- ¼ cup milk cold
- 8 regular Oreos
- whipped cream optional
- 2 maraschino cherries for topping
- Blend the ice cream and milk together until smooth.3 & 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, ¼ cup milk
- Add in the oreos and pulse until combined.8 regular Oreos
- Pour in a tall glass, top with whipped cream, and a maraschino cherry, and enjoy!whipped cream optional, 2 maraschino cherries for topping